Error after 14.1.0 update: "the virtual machine was reset by the operating system"

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JeroenD2, Nov 26, 2018.

1. JeroenD2

JeroenD2 Bit poster

Hello,

I'm experiencing a very frustrating issue with a MacOS virtual machine on a Mac host after updating Parallels to 14.1.0 :
    The VM is trying to boot but then this error message pops up: "the virtual machine was reset by the operating system".
    This happens in a continuous loop. The only way to stop it is by force quit the VM in Activity Monitor.

It started right after I ran the Parallels 14.1.0 update.

I found a few threads that report this same error message, but all of them are with a Windows VM, not MacOS. So I have no idea how to fix this.
    Did anyone else have this issue with a MacOS VM on a MacOS host? Does anyone know how to fix it? Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeroen

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @JeroenD2, can you please reproduce the issue and reply us with a Technical Data ID collected from the terminal command: prlsrvctl problem-report --send

3. JeroenD2

JeroenD2 Bit poster

When i execute this terminal command, nothing happens, it seems to hang the terminal. Is there another way to provide you the right info?

4. JeroenD2

JeroenD2 Bit poster

Specifying the exact VM by name seemed to work to generate a report. Here is the ID: 286671371

5. JeroenD2

JeroenD2 Bit poster

Hi, did you receive the error report (ID: 286671371) ?