I recently attempted to move my boot camp windows installation to a parallels virtual machine, but am getting an error in the screenshot. Previously I was running boot camp and was using parallels to access that partition. This week I discovered I could "import" it by following the instructions:
"In the Create New Virtual Machine window, choose Boot Camp partition from the Install from menu, click Continue and follow the instructions."
Everything worked fine with no errors, and it reported back that it was successful. However, when I attempt to start the new "Imported from Boot Camp" virtual machine, I get an error (see screenshot too),
"Unable to connect to Hard Disk 1. A file or device required for the operation of hard Disk 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permissions to access it..." I just noticed at the bottom of the screen in the toolbar is a message, "Parallels Tools are not installed. From the virt..."
Following that message is another message that states something to the effect of "this virtual machine does not have an operating system installed...please insert your windows disk."
Wondering what went wrong, since my boot camp installation worked fine, and parallels reported to import it successfully.
"In the Create New Virtual Machine window, choose Boot Camp partition from the Install from menu, click Continue and follow the instructions."
Everything worked fine with no errors, and it reported back that it was successful. However, when I attempt to start the new "Imported from Boot Camp" virtual machine, I get an error (see screenshot too),
"Unable to connect to Hard Disk 1. A file or device required for the operation of hard Disk 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permissions to access it..." I just noticed at the bottom of the screen in the toolbar is a message, "Parallels Tools are not installed. From the virt..."
Following that message is another message that states something to the effect of "this virtual machine does not have an operating system installed...please insert your windows disk."
Wondering what went wrong, since my boot camp installation worked fine, and parallels reported to import it successfully.