Error Code [1a/00000001] 2x Connection could not be found

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by kgbrown247, Feb 9, 2011.

1. kgbrown247

kgbrown247 Guest

Hello, my cio successfully got this installed and tested on an Apple Ipad, we are getting this error:

" the specified remote connection could not be found. Verify that you have typed the correct computer name or IP address, and then try to connect again"

on our android devices, we have also installed a VPN connection on our devices and it is connected prior to attempting the 2X client. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 8)

2. jurgencachia

jurgencachia Guest

HI

I'm using android client on PPTP vpn and it works fine,I suggest to check your networks settings as problem appears to be a misconfiguration issue.

Regards,

3. zippo

zippo Pro

This is more likely a network problem.
    I would first test without the need on the VPN, so that I ensure that the setting are correctly set.
    Then once I get this to work I would try the VPN.

What type of connection are you using? RDP or 2X Farm?
    With RDP you need to have port 3389 available unless the server default port was changed.
    With 2X farm the easiest to configure is gateway mode where port 80 or 443 need to be available depending if you are connecting over ssl or not.

4. Rocky

Rocky Guest

Re: Error Code [1a/00000001] 2x Connection could not be foun

i have tried the 3389 port and got no where and then I tried the 80 and the 443 ports and it looked like it was none stop trying to open multi windows over and over again. had to turn off the phone to get it to stop. any suggestions

5. kirilgeo

kirilgeo Guest

Dear guys,

I'm facing similar error! I have standalone Application server 9.0 build 1091 on Windows XP Pro, it is for testing purpose so I have only three connections limit.
    The conenction works fine from another PC with client 8.1 build 930. I published desktop and internet explorer, both work from the PC located in the same LAN.

Currently I'm trying to setup connection from HTC Wildfire S with Android 2.3.3 and client client 2x 10.1. The 2x RDP client connects to the same server where is installed 2x App Server and it works. Server is set in Direct mode on port 80, the same is set on the handled (and on the PC used for testing mentioned above).
    When try to login to the same server with pure 2x client, authentication works and I can see published items - Dekstop and Internet Explorer. When press one of them to connect I got this error:
    Code [1a/00000001]
    "The specified remote connection could not be found. Verify that you have typed the correct computer name or IP address, and then try to connect again"

The device is connected in LAN over WiFi with wpa2 authentication. All other network servises work - Gmail, Lotus Notes Traveler to local server in my network, Android Market, RDP to the same XP machine, and many others. I tryed to use full Host name such like computername.domainname or IP address - result was negative.

There is no local firewalls or vlan or another network setup.

I will appriciate any advice or help on this issues. My next step is to try remote connection over 3G and VPN, but is stop me at the begining!

Many thanks,
    Kiril Geo

6. kirilgeo

kirilgeo Guest

Dear guys,

I have the same error. My Environment is:
    Application server 9.0 build 1091 on XP Prowith 3 only connections - free version for testing purpose. Published Dekstop and Internet Explorer in Direct mode on port 80
    Cient 2x 8.1 build 930 on HP Thin client t5570 WES7
    Both are in the same LAN and conenction between them is working fine!

I'm trying to setup HTC Wildfire S with Android 2.3.3 and 2x client 10.1 conencted with WiFi to the same network with Access point and WPA2 authentication.
    The 2X client on Adroid has pure RDP connection which is working to the same server where is installed 2x App Server by using IP and port 3389.
    When try to native 2X client to the same server I receive this error:
    CODE [1A/00000001]
    "The specified remote connection could not be found. Verify that you have typed the correct computer name or IP address, and then try to connect again"
    I tryed to change IP address with PC full name - computername.domainname - result was again negative. It is in Direct Mode on port 80, which is working for standard PC as I mentioned above.

If you have advice or help for this setup, please let me know. It stoped me to test 2x over 3G connection and VPN.

Many thanks,
    Kiril Geo

7. asjordan

asjordan Guest

Hi. I had a problem with a D-Link router. I tried port forwarding under the "Advanced" area, but to no effect.

I checked the other options and found a solution.

The solution was in the "remote servers" option. There was a pre-populated option for remote desktop that opened the port right away and I was able to log on.

Check carefully other options available on your router and you may find a solution. Good luck.

Andrew

8. Peregrine

Peregrine Guest

I found this page because I am having the exact same problem. I have used 2X for Android on my phone since it first came out. Very infrequently, mind you, because I would rather use my laptop to connect to a server and not a 4 inch screen.
    I got an Asus Transformer RTF300T with the Keyboard Dock. YAY I thought, no more tiny screen. Maybe 2X will really be useful now.
    [1a/0000001] Every. Single. Time.
    In reply to things that have been suggested:
    - Try it without VPN first. Um... it cannot work without VPN. Kind of the point of doing this.
    - It's a router setting. No, it's not. Laptop connect just fine to my server.

So after pulling my hair out and finding no reason why it would time out with this error, I thought to myself:
    "Self, Try your phone again."
    I had actually uninstalled 2X from my phone because, as I said, a 4 inch screen isn't great for this and I needed space on my phone.
    Worked the very first time. Instantly. On the same WiFi network that my tablet would NOT work on. All settings identical.

I think the problem is: JB, aka, Jelly Bean, aka Android 4.2.
    Tablet has 4.2. 2X doesn't work.
    Phone has 2.3, GB aka Gingerbread. 2X works great.
    Either that or 2X likes HTC but not Asus.

So, those of you with this same error: what version of Android are you running?

9. woqz

woqz Hunter

On my nexus running a custom 4.2 rom it works fine.

from my experience, this is mostly a network issue in most cases. Connecting over RDP or 2X Protocol to a gateway?

10. Peregrine

Peregrine Guest

I've already proven it is NOT a Network issue.
    Phone = Works fine. Tablet = doesn't work.
    Same network.
    If it was a network issue my phone would not work.

Does anyone from 2X read this stuff? Any comments?

11. woqz

woqz Hunter

you can get in touch with their support department by logging a support ticket if you want to get in touch with them directly.

are you connecting over RDP or have you setup a 2X connection for this? it connects differently

12. papasmurf

papasmurf Bit poster

I have the exact same problem. It WAS working - Previous versions of Jelly Bean + VPNcilla + 2x

But now with the latest versions of Jelly Bean + VPNcilla + 2x I can't connect.

VPN seems to be working fine. I can connect and browse google via the VPN. Just 2x won't connnect via RDP and fails with the above error message. Also interesting is that I can't connect via pocketcloud either.

I'm guessing it's either a problem with Jelly Bean, VPNcilla OR 2x.

Or an unwanted interaction between the latest versions of VPNcilla and 2x/PocketCloud

13. papasmurf

papasmurf Bit poster

I have the same problem.

It was working fine. However with the latest version of Jelly Bean, VPNcilla (IPSEC VPN tunnel) and 2X I'm getting the above error.

From my IOS devices it's working fine.

From my android tablet it's not.

The VPN appears to be working. It connects fine and I can see traffic going across it.

2X and Pocket Cloud are unable to connect.

14. krhohio

krhohio Bit poster

@Peregrine,

Did you ever receive a response to your "my phone works but not my tablet" questions?

I'm having the same issues with a DROID RAZR MAXX running Android 4.1.2 (works)
    and a Asus Nexus 7 running Android 4.3.

I'll try entering a support ticket if no one has found an answer/solution.

Thanks,
    krhohio

15. lucy56@er

lucy56@er Bit poster

I think sometime is not the network problem, have connecting with the computer, i bought the 10.1 inch Laptop
    for 1 year,and it is no problem with it, use it comfortable.