Error message since macOS Monterey in preferences - ... wants to activate input methods "(null)"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by OliverS24, Oct 29, 2021.

1. OliverS24

OliverS24 Bit poster

Hi all,

since the upgrade to macOS Monterey (12.0.1 currently) I receive an error message - the preferences->keyboard window pops up complaining (German)
    „Parallels Access Agent" möchte Eingabemethoden von Drittanbietern aktivieren: „(null)"
    so in english sth. like "Parallels Access Agent" wants to activate input methods from third parties: "(null)".

on the other hand, parallels access works (but repeatedly showing above error messing in preferences.

Any hint how to get rid of this error ?

Thanks!
    Oli

MarcoS22, PaulW25 and AaronN1 like this.
  2. smorris99

smorris99 Bit poster

I have the same issue but indeed in English

Steve

MarcoS22 and PaulW25 like this.
  3. PeterP26

PeterP26 Bit poster

I have the same problem! (in German):
    „Parallels Access Agent" möchte Eingabemethoden von Drittanbietern aktivieren: „(null)"

MarcoS22 likes this.
  4. AaronN1

AaronN1 Bit poster

I had to uninstall/reboot/install access on the remote machine to get the proper popup with a parallels name in it that never came back. Of course, I had to have physical access to the machine to do this.

MarcoS22 likes this.
  5. MarcoS22

MarcoS22 Bit poster

Parallels Access Agent " vuole abilitare il metodo di input di terze parti "(null)".
    same problem, but the support still hasn't suggested any solutions

6. MarcoS22

MarcoS22 Bit poster

the problem was generated by Parallels Toolbox, I had to uninstall everything and after reinstalling, the problem is not occurring.