I just installed the latest version of Parallels 8 on my MBA 11 Mid-2011 running OS 10.8 Prior to installing Parallels, I have a fully functioning Boot Camp installation with Windows 8 on a properly configured MBR/GPT partitioned hard disk.
I did not see the option for Creating a new VM using the Boot Camp Partition, so I followed instructions to create a new VM without a disc and then during Configuration changed it to my Boot Camp partition, which Parallels did see.
Everything was going smoothly so far. I booted into Windows 8, and after waiting a minute or so, I get this error:
Failed to configure the Boot Camp partition's hard disk.
A disk configuration error has occurred. Make sure that you have read/write permissions for this disk.
Clicking on More details... I get
Error: PRL_ERR_DISK_SHARING_VIOLATION (0x80021037)
Path: '/Users/james/Documents/Parallels/Windows 8.pvm/APPLE SSD TS128C (disk0).hdd'
I checked Get Info and I do have read/write permission to my Boot Camp partition.
I already filed a problem report, ID# 26663183
It seems like others have had this error message, but those threads had no responses. Can someone from Parallels please have a look? Thanks!
I did not see the option for Creating a new VM using the Boot Camp Partition, so I followed instructions to create a new VM without a disc and then during Configuration changed it to my Boot Camp partition, which Parallels did see.
Everything was going smoothly so far. I booted into Windows 8, and after waiting a minute or so, I get this error:
Failed to configure the Boot Camp partition's hard disk.
A disk configuration error has occurred. Make sure that you have read/write permissions for this disk.
Clicking on More details... I get
Error: PRL_ERR_DISK_SHARING_VIOLATION (0x80021037)
Path: '/Users/james/Documents/Parallels/Windows 8.pvm/APPLE SSD TS128C (disk0).hdd'
I checked Get Info and I do have read/write permission to my Boot Camp partition.
I already filed a problem report, ID# 26663183
It seems like others have had this error message, but those threads had no responses. Can someone from Parallels please have a look? Thanks!