Error "

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SandroL2, Jul 13, 2020.

1. SandroL2

SandroL2 Junior Member

Hi there
    I receive the attached error whenever I try to open MS Office (Excel and PPT particularly) documents directly from Apple Mail program using Parallels Desktop VM. Any ideas as to how to troubleshoot this issue?

Much appreciated & Best!

Attached Files:

2. SandroL2

SandroL2 Junior Member

Hi Maria!
    Many thanks for your support - I checked the proposed solution and my Desktop was indeed not under Mac/Home/Desktop, but I had moved to my iCloud. However please note that the file I am trying to open (where I get the error message) is not saved on my Desktop, but is saved under Home/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail... Many thanks!

3. Thank you for sharing your results. Please let us know if the issue reoccurs.

4. SandroL2

SandroL2 Junior Member

The error is still happening...

5. Did you reinstall the Parallels Tools and check the issue?

6. SandroL2

SandroL2 Junior Member

I have not installed Parallels Tools (I only use Parallels Desktop) - is this really required to run PD properly? I thought it is more of a add-on... Thanks & Best!

7. SandroL2

SandroL2 Junior Member

Do I have to install Parallels Tools in order to properly run Parallels Desktop?

8. Parallels Tools (not a Parallels Toolbox) is a component of Parallels Desktop.
    Please check this out for more information.

9. SandroL2

SandroL2 Junior Member

Hi Maria, unfortunately the suggested reinstallation of Parallels Tools did not resolve the issue. Any further ideas?
    Thanks,
    Sandro

10. Did you restart your VM after the Parallels Tools reinstallation?
    Also please collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

11. SandroL2

SandroL2 Junior Member

Yes, I did restart VM after the reinstallation.
    As per your request, I just submitted the tech report 346292451 for your reference. Note that I produced the error and immediately afterwards generated the report, I hope that it worked - else please let me know...

12. SandroL2

SandroL2 Junior Member

Did you get a chance to look at the tech report, @Maria@Parallels ? Thanks!

13. Hi, thank you for your patience.
    One more question; did you check permissions of the MS Excel files? I mean do you have a full access?

14. SandroL2

SandroL2 Junior Member

As I open the files from Apple Mail program, I cannot get to the "Get info" menu of these particular files and check for permissions - however I checked in the temporary files/attachments folder in Finder and there the permissions looked fine. If I save the files to my computer the Error does disappear.