Errors with Parallels 6.0 and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Danielle P, May 14, 2012.

1. Danielle P

Danielle P Bit poster

I am operating Windows 7 on my Mac (OS X) through Parallels 6.0 Desktop and there are some major problems:

1) Upon accessing parallels, I get a "Windows Error Recovery" screen telling me that the system was not properly shut down (regardless of shutting down correctly). This message remains every time I try to access parallels. I press "enter" to continue onward to the log in screen.

2) Previously, when I would log into Windows 7, I would be booted out 2 times in a row before the third login attempt would stick (but only after my third attempt).

3) Recently, I tried logging in as per my usual process (3 times a charm trick) and now the whole thing hangs at the welcome screen, never moving past this point.

I am unaware as to what could have caused these errors and would like to reinstall parallels 6.0 to see if this will correct it. Does anybody else know what causes the errors I receive and if I want to reinstall, is there anything of major importance I must know beforehand - such as properly removing the application and doing a clean install?

Any help on this would be most appreciated!!! :)

Thanks,

~Danielle