Possible time sync or clock issue with Parallels to OSX
danimal39 said:
...been running since 9 this morning, so that's....5 hours, a new record. ...
It occured to me that the POOF or EPOD issue seems to be occuring after a specified time limit for everyone affected. For some it's the next day, for others it 5 hours (as mentioned above), for me it was about the same.
I created my Win2K VM early in the day, installed all the thousands of updateds and service packs, got Microsoft Office installed and updated, even installed SolidWorks 2005.
My newly installed VM was working fine when I left the office for dinner at 6:15pm, when I returned at 9:00pm I pulled OSX out of sleep (I left the VM up and running with OSX in sleep mode to test the stability of the VM) and began installing an update for SolidWorks.
The update was to bring SW up to the 2006 version which required swapping multiple CD's in the drive...then the POOFING began on CD #3. So that's about 8 hours of good running.
At any rate, my thought is that there may be a time sync or clock issue with parallels. Maybe something similar to the millenium computer issue a few years ago?
I did a "get info" in finder to look at the created date and time information .hdd & .pvs files. Interestingly there is NO information. It shows the modified date and time but only two dashes for the created date and time.
To be fair, the other files I checked that are Windows files created in BootCamp do not show a created time and date either. However, wouldn't the .hdd and .pvs files be an OSX file type since they are running under an OSX application?
A conundrum for sure.