Everything in Windows looks blurry

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TieC, Feb 10, 2016.

1. TieC

TieC Member

I have a MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2011) with OS X El Capitan. I just installed the trial version of Parallels Desktop 11.1.2 for Mac Business Edition, and Windows 7 in english.

The resolution of my Mac is 1920*1200. I have set the resolution of Windows to be 1600*1000 to occupy the whole screen. The problem is everything in Windows (e.g., fonts, texts, images) looks a little bit blurry, at least not as clear as Mac. This does not change with other resolution of Windows.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thank you

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi,
    Use virtual machine in the Full Screen mode (in Parallels Desktop menu bar go to View > Enter Full Screen).
    On the displays larger than 11" move Dock to the left or right edge (in the top menu bar click Apple icon > System Preferences > Dock > Position on screen) and stretch the virtual machine window as possible.
    If the issue persists, please open your virtual machine configuration
    Go to Hardware > Video.
    Switch the "3D acceleration" option to "DirectX9" and check how it works.

3. TieC

TieC Member

I have moved Dock to the left of the screen, and I have switched "3D acceleration" option to "DirectX9" or "Disabled". The texts are still blurry...

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi, try using tthe ClearType tuning wizard in Windows virtual machine- Go to Control Panel and choose Display and select ClearType, click start, type ClearType and select 'Adjust ClearType text', and follow the wizard.

5. TieC

TieC Member

In another (same) post, you have suggested to tune ClearType or turn it off... I do see the effect of adjusting ClearType, but still it is not very clear...

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi TieC, since we need to investigate deeper, please email us the issue description along with the screenshot to cs(at)parallels(.)com, so we can check it for you.

7. TieC

TieC Member

I just sent a mail... thank you...

8. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Tie, please check your email and respond.

9. TieC

TieC Member

I have received your mail. I will schedule a session for Tuesday. Thank you...

10. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Sounds good, Tie!