Everything in Windows looks blurry

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TieC, Feb 10, 2016.

1. TieC

TieC Member

I have a MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2011) with OS X El Capitan. I just installed the trial version of Parallels Desktop 11.1.2 for Mac Business Edition, Parallels tools, and Windows 7 x32 in english.

The resolution of my Mac is 1920*1200. I have set the resolution of Windows to be 1600*1000 to occupy the whole screen. The problem is everything in Windows (e.g., fonts, texts, images) looks a little bit blurry, at least not as clear as Mac. This does not change with other resolution of Windows.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thank you
    Edit1: I take two screenshots (one from Mac, the other one from Windows; both of them under 1920*1200) to show the difference:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello TieC,
    Some Windows-based programs is not adapted for such high pixel density (DPI) resolution, please change the Retina setting from Best for Retina to Scaled.
    You can also try to change settings in Windows -> "Control Panel -> Display -> Adjust ClearType text". You may find that turning on ClearType and going through calibration makes things better. If not, you might want to try turning ClearType off.

3. TieC

TieC Member

Hello Paul,

My Mac does not have Retina screen...

I tried to change setting in Windows, I do see the effect of adjusting ClearType or turning ClearType off, but still it looks blurry.

After working on this Windows for 1 hour, I feel already dizzy...

Do you have any idea?

Thank you

Tie

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  4. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello TieC,
    Please try to follow instructions given in this article and let us know how it worked.

5. TieC

TieC Member

I don't have a Retina screen...

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, since we need to investigate deeper, please email us the issue description along with the screenshot to cs@parallels.com, so that we could schedule a remote session with you to fix the screen blur issue.