expand disk space

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by rgrcpajr, Jun 22, 2011.

1. rgrcpajr

rgrcpajr Junior Member

Okay. I don't know why this isn't covered in ANY of the forums. I thought that Parallels automatically expended the available disk space on the virtual Drive C. I have reached the limit of my virtual disk and can't install anything further. WTF? Am I STUCK at 31gig? Why won't the disk space expand?

2. KCUser

KCUser Bit poster

I am having a similar problem, which I never had before. I keep getting a message indicating that I have run out of disk space and that I need to free some up. However, I can't seem to increase the disk size because I have snapshots on the disk. When I try to delete all my snapshots, it won't let me. When I check out the disk space on my Windows 7 virtual disk, I have like 80GB of a 128GB virtual disk, so I don't know why I would be getting out of disk space errors now. I recently had a Windows 7 automatic update installed and I wonder if it has anything to do with that. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

3. Martin DR

Martin DR Bit poster

Not enough free space for update download

I am having a similar problem. I have tried to download the latest update and get the following message:

"Not enough free disk space in Users/my disk name/Library/Parallels/Downloads"

How do I expand this space?

4. msprygada

msprygada Junior Member

Not enough free disk space

I am having the same problem and cannot go any further. I have disk space on the VM, just not on this location you list below.

5. msprygada

msprygada Junior Member

Here is what fixed my problem: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=208798

Hope this fixes your problem.

6. msprygada

msprygada Junior Member

I have Mac OS 10.7.2

7. siju A

siju A Banned

8. 360shoess

360shoess Bit poster

9. shanjoyb

shanjoyb Member

10. DeniseM

DeniseM Bit poster