External 4K screen runs very slow

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MatthewM13, Jul 1, 2020.

1. MatthewM13

MatthewM13 Bit poster

I have the latest fastest macbook pro 2020 and have an external 4K screen. Running Myob software on the external screen runs very slow but running on the mac screen runs OK.

Any suggestions??

2. RussE

RussE Bit poster

Hmmm. Sometimes I've heard that it could be the actual video cable somehow. But common issues would sometimes be the video driver perhaps?

3. Hi MatthewM13. Please provide the macOS and the Parallels Desktop version.

4. MatthewM13

MatthewM13 Bit poster

I am running latest macOS Catalina 10.15.5 & Paralells 14. Myob runs very slow on a 4K external screen. I have allocated more memory and cpu power but makes not difference.

5. Parallels Desktop 14 is not fully compatible with the macOS 10.15.
    Could you test the same behavior with the Parallels Desktop 15 during the free 14 days trial period?

6. MatthewM13

MatthewM13 Bit poster

So how to I revert back to my current version and is this going to cause me issues as all installations do.

7. Hello, you can download Parallels Desktop 14 version from this link.
    Install it and activate with your license key.

8. MatthewM13

MatthewM13 Bit poster

I have installed Parallels 15 and myob actually worked fast on the external 4K screen for the first day so I purchased version 15. Then sadly myob has now reverted back to working slow!!! Please assist.

9. Did you get the same behavior only on the external display? Does it work OK on the mac screen?

10. MatthewM13

MatthewM13 Bit poster

Just the external 4K screen does not work properly...the main mac screen works fine and even the side car ipad works fine.

11. May I ask you for a screenshot from the Mac display and from the external display?
    Also please collect the tech report data right after the issue reproduce and post the report's ID here.