External drive available on Mac side only

Hi

I am completely at a loss about this one.

I have an external hard-drive 120G probably NTFS, (get info) and I can no longer add files to it as it says it is read only.

I believe when I first installed parallels I was able to copy files to this drive, from within Windows.
I can no longer even see the drive in windows and do not know how to enable this, if it is possible. It is not showing p in Device Manager so therefore not even mounted?
It always mounts on the mac side no matter what I do.
Is there anything I need to do to enable
1. Use this in windows, I have heaps of space available on the external which I am unable to use.
2. Copy files to it even on the Os side.
I would love any help on this so I can get to copy files back and forth.
Thanks heaps
Gwen
 
Hi and thank you for that. I looked at that before I wrote as I thought that would be the most evident place.
I have under that heading:-
IR Receiver
Apple Wireless
Built in iSight
Hp Laser 1320
Apple Keyboard
Apple mouse
USB to IDE Bridge
I am confused as how to connect it only the USB IDE makes sense to me.
It is not showing in the Device Manager either:
Sorry :(
 
Hi again
Sorry about this
Do you mean in Windows Parallels main screen
Devices: and under this heading I have
Floppy
CD ROM 1
Cd ROM 2
Parallel 1
Parallel 2
Network Adaptor
Sound
Usb
Shared folder

If I right Click USB I have the items I mentioned earlier in this list.
I still cannot understand, I'm sorry, how to make the USB device show up in windows?
Thanks heaps
 
Back
Top