External USB Keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by Delphir, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Delphir

Delphir Bit poster

Hi! Thanks for great app!

I have just tried to use 2X DRP connection with external keyboard connected. For some reason keyboard layout is always switching to Russian. I tried to change layout in the built-in 2X keyboard and in the remote system. Typing in the built-in keyboard is working fine [for all Languages], but external usb keyboard still is sending only russian chars [even if English is set as current everywhere].

How can I solve this?

Thanks

2. jpc

jpc Pro

The external keyboard's layout can be changed via Android's settings (Languages and Input > Physical Keyboard).

Note that the in-session keyboard layout follows the setting of the 2X Custom Keyboard and needs a session logout/login after each change for the change to automatically take effect.

3. Delphir

Delphir Bit poster

I have a list of all required layouts in android settings. I also tried to switch current language in 2X keyboard, but this does not affect on the characters printed on the remote PC...

4. jpc

jpc Pro

Switching the current language in 2X Keyboard _while_ in session will not work immediately. You will need a logoff/logon.

Can you please tell us (text or screenshots) what keyboard related settings you have in the Android settings *and* 2X Settings?