Failed to install Parallels Shared Folders Drivers

robthebruce

Bit poster
Hi,

I am unable to install parallels tools. Every time I try I get an error message "Failed to install Parallels Shared Folders Driver" and then the installation quits. I reported this as an error # 10227.

Any help would be appreciated.


Rob
 
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Could you please compress and attach here the c:\windows\temp\parallels-tools-setup.log file?
This file contains log of the tools installation and we can find what is wrong.
 
Same issue...

The installation/upgrade of 4.0 didn't go real smoothly, I had to "manually" continue the upgrade for some reason. Now when I link to the tools iso file, the parallels tools installation fails with the same error, failing to install the parallels tools folder driver.

I logged in under my local Administrator account on windows XP, because when I looked at the log file, it's indicating a failure (error 1602) for what looks like an access error.
 

Attachments

Here is the compressed log file

Your problem could resolve. Could you please create a ticket and inform me (for example via private message) about ticket number? Or just send me your email-address via private message and I will create a ticket myself.
 
Same issue here.

Could you please create a support ticket and inform me about ticket number?
I also need files to be attached to the ticket-email:

c:\windows\temp\parallels-tools-setup.log
c:\windows\setupapi.log
and if you are running Vista the c:\windows\inf\setupapi.app.log
 
Same problem here... I had Parallels Tools installed and could access the OS X file system. But my mouse pointer wouldn't seemlessly move from the virtual machine to the Mac. I knew there was one Parallels Tool that could fix that, but I couldn't find any Parallels Tools icons. So I uninstalled Parallels Tools via Control Panel and tried to install them again. The install looks like it's going along smoothly until I hit this error message. I tried quitting Parallels and starting it again and even reinstalled it. Nothing works.
 
mglish, please create a support ticket... unfortunately I can't help with mouse, but someone other will do.

But just a wild guesses:
could you please provide screenshot of "Right Click on My computer -> Manager -> Device Manager -> Mice and other pointing devices"

ATXP, not quite understand the problem, could you please make a screenshot?
 
Back
Top