Failed Upgrade to Windows 10 w/ Parallels Desktop 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Kurt Bauer, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Kurt Bauer

Kurt Bauer Bit poster

I upgraded to Windows 10 using Parallels Desktop 10 on my Macbook Pro. The installation appeared to be successful: the install completed and I could log in, the tools then installed. All seemed fine.

Then I tried to start from Bootcamp -- a regular practice that worked fine with Windows 7 -- but it failed repeatedly. I then attempted to revert to Windows 7 and failed.

Can someone provide me with some guidance on how to successfully install Windows 10 available from Parallels and Bootcamp (preferred) or revert back to Windows 7?

At the moment I am completely stuck.

Thanks in advance

2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hello Kurt Bauer,
    Are you trying to run the boot camp based virtual machine or trying to install/create Windows virtual machine directly,could you please provide us more details on this?

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello Kurt, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 10 Update 4 (10.4.0-29337) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. Latest version always available here: http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd10/ Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!