Faster USB External drive attachment?

fbx

Hunter
I run Leopard and Parallels 3 on a 24" iMac 2.4GHz with 3G ram. When I go into WinXP using Parallels I sometimes want to attach the External WD USB 2.0 drive that's always attached to my computer. To switch this from connected to OSX to connected to WinXP in Parallels takes a long time, several minutes. I click on the USB icon in the lower right bar of the Parallels window, then click on USB External Drive. The drive is instantly removed from OSX (with an error msg) and then the wait begins. Up to 2 1/2 or 3 minutes it seems like.

Anyway to improve the speed of this changeover? Does Parallels 4 provide any relief?

Thanks
 
Further to this, I noted last night that my Epson photo printer connects instantly when I click on it in the USB connection drop down on the lower right of the Parallels window, whereas it still takes an eternity to connect the external HD.

Anyone got an idea about this? Thanks.
 
Back
Top