BenjaminD4
Bit poster
Feature Request: Provide an option to turn off adding guess app icons to the MacOS Dock.
When I use Coherence mode, my MacOS Dock gets loaded up with all the apps that are running in my Windows guest. It's super messy and cluttered. It's hard to use the MacOS dock because there are simply too many icons. I can temporarily turn the guest app Dock icons off by turning off application sharing. Unfortunately, the next time I start that guest in Coherence mode, I'm prompted to either disable Coherence or re-enable application sharing.
I'm guessing that the first question that a Parallels staff member is going to ask is "well, is this because you have Show the Windows Task Bar turned on?" That's a valid question but it's also a distraction from the ultimate problem. The problem is that I wish Parallels had an option to simply hide the guest app icons in the MacOS Dock. But yes, I do have "show the windows task bar" turned on most of the time and most of the time and whenever I do have that turned on, I attach my Dock to the left side of the screen. It sort of solves the problem but the Dock is still a complete and total mess because there are too many icons cluttering up the world.
So. Can we have this feature plllllllllease?
Thanks,
-Ben
When I use Coherence mode, my MacOS Dock gets loaded up with all the apps that are running in my Windows guest. It's super messy and cluttered. It's hard to use the MacOS dock because there are simply too many icons. I can temporarily turn the guest app Dock icons off by turning off application sharing. Unfortunately, the next time I start that guest in Coherence mode, I'm prompted to either disable Coherence or re-enable application sharing.
I'm guessing that the first question that a Parallels staff member is going to ask is "well, is this because you have Show the Windows Task Bar turned on?" That's a valid question but it's also a distraction from the ultimate problem. The problem is that I wish Parallels had an option to simply hide the guest app icons in the MacOS Dock. But yes, I do have "show the windows task bar" turned on most of the time and most of the time and whenever I do have that turned on, I attach my Dock to the left side of the screen. It sort of solves the problem but the Dock is still a complete and total mess because there are too many icons cluttering up the world.
So. Can we have this feature plllllllllease?
Thanks,
-Ben