fedora 17 and PW7 install problem

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by pezoscity, Sep 13, 2012.

1. pezoscity

pezoscity Bit poster

Hello
    I wonder if anybody have patch for this issue
    /tmp/.8lzn9lxeA/parallels-kernel-modules/src/network/pvsnet/pvsnet.c: In function ‘prl_transport_header_ipv6’:
    /tmp/.8lzn9lxeA/parallels-kernel-modules/src/network/pvsnet/pvsnet.c:349:2: error: too few arguments to function ‘ipv6_skip_exthdr’
    In file included from /tmp/.8lzn9lxeA/parallels-kernel-modules/src/network/pvsnet/pvsnet.c:35:0:
    include/net/ipv6.h:560:14: note: declared here
    make[4]: *** [/tmp/.8lzn9lxeA/parallels-kernel-modules/src/network/pvsnet/pvsnet.o] Error 1
    make[3]: *** [_module_/tmp/.8lzn9lxeA/parallels-kernel-modules/src/network/pvsnet] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/3.3.4-5.fc17.i686'
    make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/.8lzn9lxeA/parallels-kernel-modules/src/network/pvsnet'
    make[1]: *** [vmbridge] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/.8lzn9lxeA/parallels-kernel-modules/src/network'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    make: Leaving directory `/tmp/.8lzn9lxeA/parallels-kernel-modules'
    2012-09-13T21:46:37-0400: exec_with_progress: ./installer-cli --verbose --logfile=/var/log/parallels-workstation-install.log --progress --define="kversion=$(uname -r)" -i Manifest 2>&1 1
    2012-09-13T21:46:37-0400: Error: Error during configuration Parallels Workstation. Look at /var/log/parallels-workstation-install.log for more information.
    2012-09-13T21:53:35-0400: Exiting with code 1

Thank You

2. jasonmicron

jasonmicron Bit poster

same issue

I have the same problem.

With the 3.5 kernel on Fedora 17, it won't compile. I loaded up the 3.3.4-5 kernel and tried again - this time I receive this same error.

In both cases, it appears to be a problem with the installer code working with the latest upstream kernels.

Shame. Doubt this will get answered, but until its patched I don't believe that Parallels Workstation will work on stock FC16 / FC17 installations.

3. Gamloe

Gamloe Banned

A simple guide to fix the GPT label disk problem that cause boot problem after installation. ... Anyway, if you want to install Fedora 16 without spend time later fixing the boot .

best forex system

If you're looking for the best forex system available, this website offers good advice and forex trading training tips. 95% of new forex traders lose their account within 6 months - don't let this be you! Develop your own forex trading systems to suit your style of trading.

4. ClintonC

ClintonC Bit poster

I am having this exact same issue on SolusOS 1.2 (Debian Stable based) when trying to install Parallels Workstation Extreme 6:
    Linux solusos-laptop 3.3.6-solusos #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 15 21:14:55 BST 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The installer ( parallels-workstation-parallels-en_US-6.0.13950.714087.run ) halts about half-way stating:
    "Error during configuration Parallels Workstation. Look at /var/log/parallels-workstation-install.log for more information."

The parallels-workstation-install.log file contains the following at the end:
    I've tried all the proposed fixes I could find but with no luck. I'm wondering if I should install Windows on a separate partition and use that as the host OS...Regardless, I'd want a Linux installer if I were to use this product for long-term use.

For the sake of verbosity, I've attached both parallels.log and parallels-workstation-install.log to this post. I had to change the extension to .txt for compatibility.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012