Macintosh Rescue
Member
Parallels Desktop is a program that I've always found extremely frustrating but I keep using it because of it performance advantage over competing products.
Currently Parallels Desktop with Applications sharing options hijack just about everything they can for example: why would I want all video files to default to opening in Windows Media Player when macOS already has software for doing this?
When using Windows or another operating system it is generally for the purpose of running software that does not run on macOS only, and I do not want my Mac automatically starting entire operating systems to open files that macOS applications already handle.
It is certainly appropriate to have some programs open in another operating system automatically for example Microsoft Publisher files amongst others.
I am aware of how to manually correct this however the point is that I shouldn't have to, and it is poor user experience when a piece of software requires one to recheck things that were working perfectly fine before are still working correctly.
Currently Parallels Desktop with Applications sharing options hijack just about everything they can for example: why would I want all video files to default to opening in Windows Media Player when macOS already has software for doing this?
When using Windows or another operating system it is generally for the purpose of running software that does not run on macOS only, and I do not want my Mac automatically starting entire operating systems to open files that macOS applications already handle.
It is certainly appropriate to have some programs open in another operating system automatically for example Microsoft Publisher files amongst others.
I am aware of how to manually correct this however the point is that I shouldn't have to, and it is poor user experience when a piece of software requires one to recheck things that were working perfectly fine before are still working correctly.