final fantasy 8 steam 2013 version TURBOMODE always engaged (FF12 work?)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by donl6, Jul 10, 2021.

1. donl6

donl6 Bit poster

hi friends , loving parallels on my M1 macbook air .
    using it primarily for games that will not run on the MAC OS.
    havent run into any issues all games run ! including final fantasy 8 steam version ( 2013) . the game it self has a hot key to enable turbo speed function, despite toggling it remains in high speed. first i thought the actual program was running to fast but the soundtrack to the game is running at normal speed , so it leads me to believe the turbo function is engaged and cant be toggled.

very odd bug indeed, fired up FF8 on my old windows laptop , and it runs at the correct speed. any know if Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age runs okay?

thanks friends.

2. JasonI3

JasonI3 Bit poster

Same issue. Seems to make the game unplayable, since the work map has an issue loading when in turbo mode as well (I believe that's the issue based on what I've read online).

3. Zaroff

Zaroff Bit poster

Very late to that party, but I had the problem too, and it's easily fixable with a framerate limiter (can be found for free), that you apply only to the game. Problem solved, game plays at normal speed.