After having to start over twice (3.0 to 4.0 upgrade of my XP SP2 VM was broken by the automatic startup of ZoneAlarm - I reinstalled 3.0, turned off ZA in the VM, and then upgraded it again), I finally got Parallels 4.0 installed on my MacBook Pro.
First thing, I started up Delphi 2009, my main development tool and the main reason I run Parallels on my Mac. It took 12 minutes to load - something that normally takes less than a minute (I didn't ever time it before the upgrade). Everything on my VM seems to be running at glacial speed. Unless someone can give me an obvious configuration item to change, I'm going back to 3.0 tonight; I've already wasted most of a day on this, not to mention my $40...
Jim.
First thing, I started up Delphi 2009, my main development tool and the main reason I run Parallels on my Mac. It took 12 minutes to load - something that normally takes less than a minute (I didn't ever time it before the upgrade). Everything on my VM seems to be running at glacial speed. Unless someone can give me an obvious configuration item to change, I'm going back to 3.0 tonight; I've already wasted most of a day on this, not to mention my $40...
Jim.