Finding the drop-down menu from fullscreen mode is almost impossible with multiple monitors

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JulianP4, Jun 4, 2019.

1. JulianP4

JulianP4 Bit poster

The issue is that one needs to put the mouse at the top pixel-row of the main display and not the top pixel-row of the highest display. When the main display is not the highest display, this is next to impossible. I would request Parallels to have the menu bar unhide in a more user-friendly way for those using multiple monitors.

2. alev

alev Parallels Team

Hi JulianP4,

You can press Ctrl+Alt and then the area that triggers menu appearance will become big enough.

The delay and one pixel area was implemented to help users close/minimize their Windows apps without triggering the Mac menu. I understand it is not usable if you have a monitor located above.

3. JulianP4

JulianP4 Bit poster

Hi Alev

Ctrl+Alt didn't work for me; it just tried to do something weird within Windows not Mac. I found the solution, and that is to be sure I place the non-full Windows10 window on the monitor I wish to be the main one before I hit the green button. Windows then gets arranged nicely across all monitors in full mode where the top pixel row is now on the original monitor I selected. So long as this monitor stops at the top and does not continue to a higher monitor, this results in a perfect ability to unhide the menu.

Thanks for your input,

Julian