Firewall VM on Macpro

connoleg

Bit poster
I would like to connect my cable modem WAN link to the second NIC (Ethernet 2) on my Macpro and connect that to a VM running Astaro 7.5 Firewall on its WAN interface. Then use a bridged network connection to the first NIC (Ethernet) interface on the Macpro as the default gateway for the LAN.

Is it possible to configure Parallels 5 to achieve this setup?

vmconfig%202.tiff


The issue as I see it is that the Cable modem gives out a dhcp address and is physically connected to the 2nd NIC Ethernet 2 but that IP address needs to on the virtual interface connected into the Astaro.

Many thanks if you can help out
Gary
 
I would like to connect my cable modem WAN link to the second NIC (Ethernet 2) on my Macpro and connect that to a VM running Astaro 7.5 Firewall on its WAN interface. Then use a bridged network connection to the first NIC (Ethernet) interface on the Macpro as the default gateway for the LAN.

Is it possible to configure Parallels 5 to achieve this setup?

vmconfig%202.tiff


The issue as I see it is that the Cable modem gives out a dhcp address and is physically connected to the 2nd NIC Ethernet 2 but that IP address needs to on the virtual interface connected into the Astaro.

Many thanks if you can help out
Gary

Tough -)

I think that you can configure the Ethernet 2 on Mac PRO to manual address 0.0.0.0, so IP will be given to the VM.

Also, you can instead of bridging second VM's adapter to the Ethernet 1, you can use HostOnly networking. The Parallels Desktop GUI allows to configure the HostOnly Parallels Adapter to be shown in Mac OS Network Preferences through menu Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Networking
 
Back
Top