Folder Contents Missing Shared Folder

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DinsyP, Nov 26, 2021.

1. DinsyP

DinsyP Member

Hi People
    Running MacOS Monterey with a Mojave VM. Since moving to Monterey I can no longer see the contents of my Home shared folder. Folder is visible - not contents. What am I missing or is this a bug. Is it potentially related to my VMs all disappearing from the Parallels dashboard until I unlock them in the Get Info window?

Andrew

2. SandorR1

SandorR1 Bit poster

Parallels Desktop 17.1.1 running here on Catalina 10.5.7 and experiencing the same issue with Mojave as a guest OS. Reinstall did not help. If the guest OS is Big Sur then the Shared Home folder content is visible.

3. DinsyP

DinsyP Member

Possibly a Mojave issue? Mine is working now. I noted at the time that most of my VMs were not being seen by Parallels and I discovered that each affected VM were locked. Once I unlocked them, they ran, and not long after, I realised that my Home folder was visible again. Not sure if related but you could have a look at the VM emissions to see if they are locked.

4. SandorR1

SandorR1 Bit poster

If you are referring to a using Finder's 'Get Info' command on the VM file that ends with .pvm, then nothing to be unlocked here.
    Cloud folders, Network drives, everything else is visible, it's only the Home Folder is empty and after a while the guest OS freezes if I open the Home Folder

5. DinsyP

DinsyP Member

One last thought. Have you tried turning access to the Home folder off in the VM settings and turning it back on?