Folders/Management of many VMs in Control Center

DavidK18

Bit poster
The control center starts getting real cluttered very fast when you have 10 or more VMs, which I do. This is more likely the case for developers (whom the pro version is marketed towards). We need a way to organize the VMs. This could be folders or a filter. I would prefer folders, but would settle for a filter if you also add tagging. For example, I could tag all my "Browser testing" VMs and select that as a filter to show only those VMs.
 
For development and testing with more VM's then the control center is very fast cluttered. I prefer a folder structure the same as VMWare Fusion.
 
Hi Jason

Like you I run many VM's and would be helpful to be group them in folders, in the same way, you can for VMWare Workstation.
 
I also have many, and adding folders or hot keys to filter by tag, or some way to better manage the list would be very helpful.
 
OMG... I was thinking about this... I wish this too. Here is a mockup which I threw together.
60AWQmYF-Ry_k5DaaDiXPeDqC4BciAGdxGB0oncD8SlhBbFrO2EEZxHMV_3WDntwuDYgdXRflIPY6WTwQQoaW5E8ZMfInaSb810S6N3IG8Te_neo6iKs0TNYPOaRADiNDYMXQyp88M9UFr6D9aJY7iIGbhlz44N10WYdHlEv118JYzaOG3T2j1KwEF666ABFolAdgLsTZA8fqv3QoFOhtpLGwazkX84-66Ocxffop1iLT8RgJsU76zADuM7O_GaAwe9tr1B0KGOE9ANqPp_FgahbcpH1WtC6LFNVmOAUlINp-Y6R7VBqzwFQL3vKgZxXA6X_iLryzEXdpOIVRwDHfCvcSHzXZg5gATAnGRp3CjvqRF2e_GdXxAL2G_Rpjw_kThJ53uF3RzVa8iiYmi-wj1mcV1AXz5l7HaXMsbCH8AS3MOIJcs8UVMJ-9WuxnPkcdSUKxcJ8wJW2Kv2j7RscCiuxYvELu27HcyNxNWhKTpHteYoDOmJ7K5cceizsG2xtxxeTg49AVQF5PhS8kKpGDBSK02OFwFNCYVIx8HIsc2Ka8S9pmc8PlOgp38OZvA1j_yq3ZACVYBmu_2pjoj6PdwwjV6VAIOpdbV9iiT6iX1d3JDBlLSMwYVmdgEJn3Bxq03Ycx56UXWQRgx67MkHc4sW6ilsqM1AfdL7O5L60SruOYvvPmgU9rKzosRAU=w576-h852-no
 
In this release, we have not made any changes to the UI. However, we have introduced a Visual Studio Code extension that enables you to control the state of your VMs through folders, and offers many other features too. You can effortlessly manage and organize your VMs by using the extension to hide or show folders and VMs, making it simpler to arrange them. You can find it here.
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ParallelsDesktop.parallels-desktop

Any feedback would be very much appreciated
 
Back
Top