Force disable remember password?

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by icoleman.uk, Nov 26, 2012.

1. icoleman.uk

icoleman.uk Member

Hi,

I see that after an earlier post that the ability to turn on and off password remembering has been added to the iOS app.

The problem is that this is a user-controlled option. We do not want users storing passwords on their devices.

Can there / is there plans to be able to force this option to be disabled by the administrator via a policy like it is possible to in the desktop client?

I see this as a major security risk - we ask our users to PIN protect their devices but we can't always keep an eye on them. If a device got lost/stolen and a user hadn't protected it, anything could happen.

Cheers

Iain.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey lain, if i can give you my opinion, i personally don't agree with the huge security risk, if you really want extra security, you will implement something like second layer auth or similar. anyway i think i saw a post by 2x saying that they are working on it for next year (or v11 not sure)

3. rvanmil

rvanmil Bit poster

Hello,

Here we have the same problem at a customer of ours with remembering the password. Is there already a solution to this problem? :cry: . In the normal client you can force this...
    Our customer is afraid that their are saving the password anyway and lose their phone.
    Thanks In advance

Ruud