FrameMaker can't write to shared Mac folders

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Tim Murray, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Tim Murray

Tim Murray Junior Member

After this latest update to 5.0.9344, FrameMaker cannot write a file to the Mac's shared folders: You get an error "The [path\filename] the FrameMaker wrote may be damaged." No file is written.

The only way you can save a file is if you write to the Windows side of the house.

It's not a permissions issue, at least not with the location it's trying to write to, although it may be a permissions issue with somewhere Frame is trying to write a temporary file (although I think Frame keeps its temp files in the same spot as the file it's writing). Other Windows apps (MS Office and others) work fine. Also, I have an external disk that I have configured for open permissions for anyone to do anything, and it won't write there either.

I and others have logged this bug at Parallels. Come on Parallels, please get this fixed. FrameMaker is a major driver of the need for Windows guest on Mac hardware.

2. Tim Murray

Tim Murray Junior Member

The link to http://kb.parallels.com/en/8296 that I found in another thread worked. Note that if you have more than one instantiation of Windows on your Mac hardware, you need to run it on each.