Free 5 application license

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by adming24, Jul 7, 2008.

1. adming24

adming24 Guest

Hi,

I'm searching for the free 5 application license.

But after submitting the form at
    http://www.2x.com/applicationserver/app ... shing.html I receive an email with the free 5 connections license.

Is the free 5 application licence not available any more?

Regards,

M.

2. nixu

nixu Guest

It should still be available?

Is the license activation failing??

Nixu

3. adming24

adming24 Guest

Hi Nixu,

the email says:
    ---- snip ----
    This is a free 5 application version of 2X ApplicationServer. You can use it to seamlessly tunnel up to 5 applications per server onto remote desktops - perpetually.
    During the first 30-days it also allows you to tunnel an unlimited number of applications.

After the 30 day evaluation period expires, the FREE edition remains active with the use of the license key:

Product: free download edition ASSMB5 - 2X free download 5 connections (ASSMB5)
    Quantity: 1
    --- snip ---

The received licence in the email key is the 5 connection licence.

Is it possible to get the 5 applications licence?

Kind regards,

M.

4. nixu

nixu Guest

hi adming24,

Just bellow the section:
    --- snip ---
    Product: free download edition ASSMB5 - 2X free download 5 connections (ASSMB5)
    Quantity: 1
    --- snip ---

You should find the license in the format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Use this license to activate the product.

Nixu

5. adming24

adming24 Guest

Hi Nixu,

I have activated the version with the licence key in the email.

But now I'm receiving an error message when I'm trying to start the program.
    The error message says: "You have reached the mamimum number of opened applications. It is not possible to open more applications."

We are only using 2 different programs (7 users) and I thought this would be possible.

Mathias

6. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi adming24,

The free license is to run 5 instances of published application.

So of you run 3 instances of app 1 and 2 instances of app2 you have consumed the 5 licenses.

Nixu

7. adming24

adming24 Guest

Hi Nixu,

that's why I asked for the free 5 application license.
    As I remember, it was possible to run a 5 exe version of 2x, where it was possible to publish 5 different application where the number of user was not restricted.

But I guess this version is not available any more.

Kind regards,

Mathias

8. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi adming24,

I do not recall of any version that gave 5 different applications with unrestricted number of users.

Nixu

9. Sergei

Sergei Guest

Hello,
    The free version was always limited to 5 connections.

10. nixu

nixu Guest

11. itsystemsllc

itsystemsllc Guest

5 applications

adming24,

I understand what you are saying. I have had this frustration too. The language in the licensing email is confusing. It says, "This is a free 5 application version of 2X ApplicationServer. You can use it to seamlessly tunnel up to 5 applications per server..." Then it says, "Product: free download edition ASSMB5 - 2X free download 5 connections (ASSMB5)." One sentence says "5 APPLICATIONS" the other says "5 CONNECTIONS." Which is it? Apparently it is 5 connections! :wink:

12. Lee

Lee Guest

Note

All

It has always been the case of 5 connections.

You can publish 10 different applications if you wish in the console.

However if user A opens 3 apps and user B 2 apps, User C cannot open anything

The 5 connection version is free and is for small companies who perhaps need remote access to 1 app or 5 users accessing 1 app.

If you require more than this youll need the ASSMB version

13. itsystemsllc

itsystemsllc Guest

5 connections

Lee,
    I understand the licensing and totally accept it, but you have to admit that the language is contradictory.

14. Lee

Lee Guest

I understand, I will see what can be done about it with the marketing department :)