FTP connection in Windows 7 VM

Reggie_Rosales

Bit poster
Hi,

Would just like to seek some help regarding FTP. While in Windows VM, I am trying to connect to an FTP server via command prompt in Windows 7. I am able to login to the FTP server. However, I cannot seem to open a data connection. Well, that's how I understood the error it showed:

200 Port command successful
425 Can't open data connection

I tried to connect via Mac and it was successful. I also tried to turn off windows firewall but to no avail. Firewall in Mac is also not turned on. Would appreciate some help to have this solved.

Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Would have this checked out.
Yes, actually the FTP command is imbedded in a script I'm using. Anyway, will check on the link and see how it turns out.
 
Back
Top