Full screen glitch

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by LorenzoR2, Sep 28, 2017.

1. DediG

DediG Bit poster

Same here with an Ubuntu 16.04 guest running in full screen. 10.13 with Parallels 13.0.1 on a 15" MBP (Mid-2015).

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DediG , We have an issue with Video artefacts when switching desktop spaces in Full-Screen mode.Our Engineering team is working on it for a fix. We do not have a workaround as of now. Please refer http://kb.parallels.com/123840 for known issues in Parallels Desktop 13 and subscribe to get updates. As a workaround you can go to Configure > Hardware > Graphics and change to Direct X9 and check.

3. StefanS5

StefanS5 Bit poster

I'm using my mac for presentations - and it looks so unprofessional, if i switch between spaces during an conference. I'm using it for my business!
    FIX IT SOON!!!
    Switching to X9 doesn't help, just deactivating of DirectX seems to help. But this can't be the solution!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2017
  4. StefanS5

StefanS5 Bit poster

STILL WAITING FOR AN SOLUTION!!!

5. ChristopheA

ChristopheA Bit poster

Hi, I have been suffering from major graphical problems ever since the launch of High Sierra / Parallels Desktop 13:
    • Exactly the same artefacts as shown in this thread when swiping between Windows VM and Mac OSX.
    • Within the VM, the cursors flickers constantly when hovering over cells in Excel - but not over the menus (Office 365 - Version 1705 Build 8201.2200).
    • After a random period of time, the whole Windows VM starts to flicker until it becomes completely unusable - regardless of which applications are running. At that point, only a VM reboot fixes the issue temporarily. If lucky, it is still possible to save work and close programs before the flickering gets too bad, however in many cases the only way is to Force Quit from Mac OSX, as nothing else responds anymore.
    This is obviously a big issue since I use the laptop for work. On occasions I've had to reboot every 10-20mns due to the flickering and I am now saving work every few minutes in case the VM crashes unexpectedly. I use a MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2012, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000, OSX 10.13.1. The VM is running Windows 10 Pro 1709 Build 16299.64 over Parallels 13.1.1 (43120).

I really hope the promised fix will resolve these issues once and for all. I have been running a number of VMs with Parallels flawlessly since 2012, but this graphical bug is seriously affecting my ability to work. When do you expect the fix to become available?

6. StefanS5

StefanS5 Bit poster

Hi ChristopheA ... have you tried to switch DirektX off? Since i turned it off I can work without problems. Just when moving windows in the VM it looks a bit like the 80's.

7. ChristopheA

ChristopheA Bit poster

Yes, tried both to switch to DirectX 9 or turn it off. When it is turned off, things become quite slow and jagged, even within the VM - not just during the switching - which is not that great of an experience either.

I think I tried every trick in the book, even forcing the VM to run only on the Intel HD 4000 or on the GeForce GT 650M. By the way, the Parallels KB articles are outdated, as they suggest playing with the Options/Optimization menu, which does not exist anymore in version 13.

I installed Parallels Desktop 13.2.0 (43213) last night and although there was no mention of a fix for this issue, my VM seems to have become more stable... We will see if I can get through a day's work without having to reboot :)

8. StefanS5

StefanS5 Bit poster

Hope you got the offer of Parallels for an discount ... which i got this morning ;-) 20% off ...

9. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Guys, the problem is not in our product. We are working with Apple and they promised us to fix it in upcoming releases. Which releases? I don't know. Yes, Apple has bugs too...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  10. GordonY

GordonY Bit poster

Hi All,
    I found that every time there is a glitch, all I have to do is to move cursor to lower left corner of windows, just near start button. Then the glitches disappear. I can continue to work soon.
    This sounds like a workaround and hope it helps.
    I am running windows 7 on PD12.2.1 on MBP early 2013, OS 10.13.1.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  11. Karim

Karim Bit poster

Updated to OSX 10.13.2 and it seems like the issue is fixed now.

MarkLe likes this.
  12. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Karim , glad that your issue is resolved. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

13. MarkLe

MarkLe Junior Member

I can second that.

14. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello MarkLe, Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

15. TeriH

TeriH Bit poster

I am having this issue on a macOS 10.13.3. When I take a windows 8.1 VM and take it from full screen, it leaves very large artifacts of ghosting the window of the VM when I move it from the desktop it was full screen on and when I slide it from one desktop to another (Triple Head Display setup) (This VM is used for software development within Windows. No Games) Untitled.jpeg