Function keys not working after upgrade to Sierra

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by KenKnight, Mar 16, 2017.

1. KenKnight

KenKnight Junior Member

Just updated to Sierra last night. This morning the Function keys aren't working when I use my external Logitech K750-mac keyboard, however, they are working properly with the macbook internal keyboard.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
    Ken

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

3. KenKnight

KenKnight Junior Member

Hi Arun,

Thank you for the reply. No, sadly, it doesn't work. As I mentioned in the original post, they work from the macbook's built-in keyboard but not the external K750-mac keyboard.
    Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
    Ken

4. KenKnight

KenKnight Junior Member

I got it working!!

I had to un-pair, then uninstall all the Logitech unifying software and then reinstall and re-pair it. Now the keys are detected in my VMs. Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,
    Ken

5. MikeS16

MikeS16 Bit poster

I have seen the same problem reported in multiple apps. This is not a Parallels problem. Unfortunately, removing, re-installing and re-pairing did not help me. Maybe my K750 is older or has older firmware...

6. Arun@Parallels

Hi @KenKnight , we are glad that your issue is resolved. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

7. Arun@Parallels

Hi @MikeS16 , did you check if there are any firmware updates for your keyboard?

8. MikeS16

MikeS16 Bit poster

The new Logitech software did not show any option for upgrading, so I assume it's up to date.

9. Arun@Parallels

Hi @MikeS16 , please take a snapshot of your virtual machine. Action > Take snapshot and then uninstall and reinstall Parallels Tools inside your Windows virtual machine and check if that helps.

10. MikeS16

MikeS16 Bit poster

It's happening in Native Mac OS as well. It has nothing to do with Parallels. This is some ugly combination problem between Sierra and Logitech driver. I have a Mattias aluminum keyboard that works fine in both Mac OS Sierra and virtualized Windows. Also, my old Dell bluetooth keyboard is fine.

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @MikeS16, Yes! you are correct. You may contact Apple support to get help on this. You may also check with Logitech support to get the required keyboard driver for your macOS.