Gaming profile and guest resolution

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DanieleC4, Sep 14, 2019.

1. DanieleC4

DanieleC4 Bit poster

Hello,
    new user coming from fusion so bear with me if this is a silly one, I am running parallelns on 27'' iMac, installed W10 1903 (upgrade from 1803 but that's unimportant for the sake of this thread) and seem to face an issue with gaming profile and guest resolution.

Making a long story short it seems like my screen is running at 640x480 or with a 300% zoom when in fullscreen mode, the attached screen is taken from the guest OS, with two black bands on the screen sides

What is weird is when a I launch a game it seems to have a decent resolution not following the one of the guest and using the Dev profile or anything that is not full screen does not seem to be affected.

Am I missing something here or somebody else faced a similar issue? Keep in mind I've already selected option to optimize for retina screen.

Thanks for any suggestion/tip!

Attached Files:

2. JustinFranks

JustinFranks Bit poster

Change the resolution by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting "Display Settings". Click on "Advanced settings" and select the desired resolution (5120x2880 for a 27" Retina iMac, 2560x1440 for an older non-retina 27" iMac).

3. DanieleC4

DanieleC4 Bit poster

Thanks and my bad i should have specified this was already done and did not solve the issue, weirdly enough switching to another profile (CAD at the moemnt) and then reverting back to gaming seems to have taken care of the resolution issue.

Only thing that seems to be off in Gaming profile is the mouse pointer, huge arrow and focus is always lot of pixesls, can't be more precise, above the arrow itself.

Weel guess I will cotninue resorting to other profiles.

4. JustinFranks

JustinFranks Bit poster

Weird. I also saw the same effect on Parallels 15 with the gaming profile (very low resolution, I think it was 1024x768, with UI scaling set very high making everything ridiculously large), but changing the resolution in Windows fixed it permanently.