Gateway Load Balancing - AWS

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by IanM9, Jan 8, 2019.

1. IanM9

IanM9 Bit poster

Good afternoon,

I am having an issue implementing a load balancer for our two gateways in AWS.
    I followed this guide exactly - https://www.parallels.com/blogs/ras/aws-elastic-load-balancer/
    While this does work, I am running into a issue where the login process will occasionally hang indefinitely when signing in to the rashtml5gateway.

It was recommended to me that I use a ALB with HTTPS 443 instead of the TCP LB, due to the ALB having the ability to provide "Sticky Sessions". After implementing the ALB, the login hanging issue I was experiencing is no longer happening. Unfortunately, a new issue has come up. I can now only launch applications from the html5 gateway using the HTML5 launcher. Trying to launch an application from the HTML5 gateway using the Client produces an error, saying the server cannot be reached. I can still launch applications directly out of the Parallels client, I just cant launch them from the gateway using the client.

Is there something I'm missing with the TCP LB that would cause the login issues?

Thanks,
    Ian

2. MayurK

MayurK Bit poster

We use network load balancers for our ELBv2.0 and tell our clients to use Parallels Clients. HTML5Gateway is not suited for our application.