generate a CSR for an SSL certificate

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by ghinky, Dec 19, 2006.

1. ghinky

ghinky Guest

2. nixu

nixu Guest

You can create a self signed certificate from the "Generate Certificate" dialog.

Nixu

3. ghinky

ghinky Guest

self signed certificate isn't trusted

yes, you can do that but then when you connect you get the message

Information you exchange with this server cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the server security certificate.

The certificate is self-signed. <18>

which will freak users out. We want to use a trusted certificate and for that we need to generate a CSR. How do I do that?

4. n22383

n22383 Guest

Then you will need to purchase a license ffrom a trusted CA like Thawte or verisign in order to prevent that from happening.

5. zippo

zippo Pro

Re: self signed certificate isn't trusted

you can disable the warning check the advanced settings

6. ghinky

ghinky Guest

I know I can disable the message. I don't want to disable it. I want to get a trusted certificate. For that I need to generate a CSR. Does anyone know how to do that?

7. IM_Admin

IM_Admin Guest

like to see an answr to this question too;

created a verisign trail ssl certificate using Microsft IIS as the 'request generator' but I guess that not the right way to do it, as it leaves me with a single certificate and no 'private key file'.

8. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

Make sure that on the client side you append the public key of your certificate in the trusted.pem file found in the installation directory.

Nixu

9. IM_Admin

IM_Admin Guest

Hi,

On the client side I get the following error: 'The remote computer has ended the connection'.

Altough I can connect with a normal remote desktop session to the server.

Any hints?

10. nixu

nixu Guest

How is the client trying to connect ssl mode gateway or direct?

Enable the logs on the server and see if something is loged when the connection is being made.

Nixu

11. IM_Admin

IM_Admin Guest

Client & server are configured to use the SSL mode,

2007-01-04 12:00:18 OPEN-INBOUND TCP <CLIENT-IP> <SERVER_IP> 43229 443 - - - - - - - - -
    2007-01-04 12:00:20 CLOSE TCP <SERVER_IP> <CLIENT-IP> 443 43229 - - - - - - - - -
    2007-01-04 12:00:22 OPEN-INBOUND TCP <CLIENT-IP> <SERVER-IP> 43236 443 - - - - - - - - -

2x Application server not accepting it?

12. nixu

nixu Guest

Can you please explain how you did the above in detail.

Nixu.

13. Simon

Simon Guest

Digital Signatures in legal systems

During this century, many legal systems have cut down formal requirements,or at least have reduced the result of failure to satisfy formal requirements. Nevertheless, safe practice still requires transactions to be carried out in a manner that assures the parties of their validity and enforceability.

14. tmorton3

tmorton3 Guest

Verisign Cert

I would really like to get a straight anwser on how to order and install a Verisign cert on 2X.