Getting CentOS to work as a webserver

shamoon

Bit poster
Hello all,
So I'm trying to set up a CentOS machine on my Mac OS X as a LAMP server. I set up CentOS just fine, but it doesn't seem to have an Internet connection of any kind (which is fine for most of the time, but I need to download a few packages).

Also, from my Mac, how can I access the CentOS as a server?

Thanks kindly!
 
The black screen with white text is the CentOS. The blue screen with the black text is my Mac.
 

Attachments

  • wr.jpg
    wr.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 11
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 12
I now have internet access in the CentOS machine and I can ping it from the Mac.. but I can't access the webserver. I have Apache installed, but I can't access it by going to: http://10.211.55.8/

Any thoughts?
 
When I turn off my WiFi.. this is what my Mac ifconfig looks like:

fw0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 4078
lladdr 00:1b:63:ff:fe:8b:c6:30
media: autoselect <full-duplex> status: inactive
supported media: autoselect <full-duplex>
en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 00:1b:63:cc:c2:6f
media: autoselect (<unknown type>) status: inactive
supported media: autoselect
en2: flags=8963<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:0%en2 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x7
inet 10.37.129.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.37.129.255
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:00
media: autoselect status: active
supported media: autoselect
en3: flags=8963<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:1%en3 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x8
inet 169.254.74.2 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 169.254.255.255
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:01
media: autoselect status: active
supported media: autoselect
MoonBookPro:~ shamoon$ ping 10.37.129.10
PING 10.37.129.10 (10.37.129.10): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: Host is down
ping: sendto: Host is down
ping: sendto: Host is down

I set the static IP on my CentOS to: 10.37.129.10. Still no luck. Thoughts?
 
Do you want to access server from Internet or from Mac? , I still cannot understand it
And what is Network Setting for VM shared or host-only?
 
Back
Top