getting error 0xFFFFFFFD when using universal printing in 2X

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by kommers, Jun 12, 2009.

1. kommers

kommers Guest

It worked before, now I can't use this universal printer, getting this error. OS is Vista, although a co-worker has the same issue n XP. Any help would be appreciated

2. Does it happens always or just sometimes ? What print data format selected on the client (EMF, PDF, BMP) ?

3. kommers

kommers Guest

All the time

PDF

4. zippo

zippo Pro

reinstall the printer on the server

5. kommers

kommers Guest

Not sure how to reinstall printer separately

I removed 2X printer from printers and then I did the repair in add/remove which returned the printer, but error persists. It gives the same error when I rdp into the server and try to print a test page directly on the server

6. zippo

zippo Pro

Re: Not sure how to reinstall printer separately

you cannot use the printer directly from the server.
    it is intended to be used from an rdp session with a client that supports the universal printer.

when the error appears can you press Ctrl+C and then paste the message info here.

Switch also to EMP format, as for PDF you need a PDF application installed.

What clientare you using? Is the client configured correctly?
    Can you check the "options" section

7. kommers

kommers Guest

update

When I said "directly on the server" I actually meant RDP session on the server, without using 2X software. I didn't try to print on the server console zero.

PDF reader is installed on the server.

Everything worked before. I suspect that something changed when we installed SAGE MAS90 client that also installs its own PDF converter that acts like printer.

Anyways, below is the result of Ctrl-C command when printing on the server via RDP session.

---------------------------
    2X Virtual printer
    Print job failed (0xFFFFFFFD).
    OK