Getting Files from Desktop to Desktop

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AlbertS7, May 30, 2020.

1. AlbertS7

AlbertS7 Bit poster

Hi -- I just set up Parallels for a single online application I need. It's working okay, but I can't get my head around the relationship between the Windows Desktop environment and my Mac file structure. In short, I wind uo with simple .txt files on my Windows desktop inside parallels. I want to move those files onto my Mac desktop (or better yet, have them download directly to my Mac desktop from the website I'm accessing via Windows) . . . but I can't see how?

Attached is a picture of my Sharing settings, which seem like they should allow my Mac/PC file directories to 'merge' - - what am I missing? I have two .t.t docs on my Windows desktop, but cannot locate them anywhere in my Mac environment.

Attached Files:

2. AlbertS7

AlbertS7 Bit poster

I'm not even sure I understand your questions. I have a "Parallels Toolbox" icon in my toolbar with a bunch of icons in it if that's what you mean? I don't know what you mean by a "Share Windows" tab. Here's the screen Im looking at -- I see the two documents I want there on the lower left, but I have no idea how to access them. . . . I'm not even clear what 'tab' element you are referring to. . . .

3. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

@AlbertS7 Please open virtual machine configuration and then go to Options -> Sharing -> Share Windows and provide us the screenshot. Then refer the article to install Parallels Tools.

4. AlbertS7

AlbertS7 Bit poster

Thanks - that did the trick!

Attached Files:

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

@AlbertS7 We are glad to know that the issue is resolved. Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.