Getting Parallels' default Touch Bar back in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tonza, Jul 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. tonza

tonza Junior Member

Parallels Desktop provides support for the Touch Bar in Windows 10 and Office 365, where different Touch Bar configurations are supported for the Windows File Explorer, Internet Explorer and Edge, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and maybe others. However, they override the default F1-F12/Insert/Delete/.../PrintScreen/ScrollLock set of virtual keys. Is there any way of getting the default Touch Bar back (even momentarily) whilst Parallels has overridden it with a custom Touch Bar configuration?

2. Hello, did you check this blog article?
    Please let us know if it's not that case.

3. tonza

tonza Junior Member

Yes, I have read the article before, but no, it's not what I'm after. I don't want to replace a Touch Bar configuration with my own (especially for explorer.exe, which appears to use a dynamically-changing configuration), but I'd like to be able to have Parallels switch between an app's custom Touch Bar and the default one as shown in that article you pointed out.

4. tonza

tonza Junior Member

I should add that Apple's "fn" option is not quite what I'm after either; while it does show the function keys from F1 to F12, it omits the extended keyboard keys such as Ins, Home, End, Del, Page Up, Page Down, etc., including Print Screen.

Currently, I am using the virtual machine's Devices > Keyboard menu to provide access to these keys, but having them on the Touch Bar would be really nice! The default Touch Bar configuration already has these keys, so it'd be nice to have a way to reveal the default Touch Bar when a Windows app has its own Touch Bar configuration in place.