Getting Rid of "Windows Not Authentic" Messages

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EdgemontF, Mar 22, 2014.

1. EdgemontF

EdgemontF Member

Hi there:

I bought & installed Parallels last Oct in my office computer because I had to run Quickbooks to be compatible with our global accountants, who are running Windows 7. I have loved every moment of this experience and can't get over what a seamless and wonderful product this is. The only thing that is driving me crazy is the constant message from Windows that I'm running an unauthorized or pirated version of Windows. I am not. I installed this from our Windows 7 disc, which I do realize came with the Dell PC. I assume the software does not like that the key used from the box is not the same as the Dell hardware it came from. I called Microsoft directly and offered to buy a new key, but they will not sell one and want to force you to buy Windows 8.

I do not want Windows 8, as I will then not be compatible with my accountants in VA and London and because everyone I know who has Windows 8 hates hates hates it. When I look online, there are numerous entities offering to sell you an install disc link this one here: but I do not see how this is different from what I have. Is this not also tied to a manufactured computer like a Dell? Will this get rid of this constant message?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

2. Manojkumar@Parallels

Manojkumar@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi EdgemontF,

We suggest you to purchase a new license from any authorized reseller online to avoid the message to activate.

Thanks,
    Manoj.

3. EdgemontF

EdgemontF Member

Thank you for the reply Manoj and trying to help me. Can you explain more how I find this? when I have Googled this, all I see are the same people selling Windows 7 OEM discs (I thought OEM means the same thing I already have = a Windows 7 application tied to a specific piece of hardware like a Dell) - no?

This is so confusing for a Mac user. Any help you can give or link to a legitimate safe thing to buy is appreciated. I would think a lot of people have this issue with Parallels, no?

Thank you!