Getting the 2x Client to work at 1920 x 1200

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by Deon Lasini, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Deon Lasini

Deon Lasini Guest

Hi,

I've installed 2x server on a windows 2003 standard server

(Dell Precision 1420 , 4Gb Ram , 200Gb RAID HDD , GB Nic etc)

working great

excpet most of my users have Dell Laptops with 1920 x 1200 screens

the new Termial Services Client works happily at 1920 x 1200 , (the once released a week or so ago)

but every time I go to run a published app it keeps popping up with the cannot run in greater than 1600 x 1200 message.

is there a fix for this (or is it an update the client / server software?)

thanks for any help

deon

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

Well it seams that you are setting the client to use more then 1600 x 1200.

You can either lower your client resolution or, what you need to do is to install the new Microsoft Terminal server client that has been lately released and this will allow the 2X application server client to increase its' resolution too.

Nixu

3. Deon Lasini

Deon Lasini Guest

oi vey!

We are using the MS TSC 6.0 client

and if we use the client in native mode (direct connection for a remote desktop) no problems.

BUT if we use a published app with 2x I get the 1600 x 1200 error message.

I upgraded to the new MS TSC 6.0 client to see if this would fix the problem , (that was up from 5.2) I have a remote user complaining about using 2x as he has three screens (primary being his laptop 1920 x 1200)
    and two external 17" 1280 x 1024 LCD's (yeah I know bit of a poser but he works 2000k's north in brissy)

anyway not sure of what is causing it to play funny buggers.
    so any real help would be appreciated.

thanks

deon

4. Deon Lasini

Deon Lasini Guest

Being Clear

Hi,

Maybe I should be a bit clearer

1 - We are using MSTSC 6.0.6000 (6.0 Build 6000)

2 - Clients are XP SP2 .... latest patches etc NO IE 7.0 installed

3 - Server 2003 R2 Standard Patched up etc ....
    Dell Poweredge 1420 , Dual Xeon 3.0Ghz 10Gb Ram ( I know standard only uses 4 , previous job for this server was test bed for VM Ware) 4 x 70Gb U320 SCSI , PERC RAID 5 etc....

4 - Deployed Applications , HEAT , Internet Explorer

5 - Client set ups
    Brisbane - Dell Precision M90 , 2 Gb Ram 120Gb HDD , Quadro 1500FXgo , 1920 x 1200 LCD , + Docking Station + 2 x Benq 17" LCDs , 1280 x 1024. running all three monitors
    Melbourne - Dell Precision M70 , 2Gb Ram, 80 Gb HDD , Quadro 1400FXgo , 1920 x 1200 LCD , + Docking Station + 2 x Benq 17" LCDs , 1280 x 1024, when docked only using the two 17" LCD's

melbourne Clients fine as they are running at 1280 x 1024

brisbane Clients not fine as primary screen running at 1920 x 1200 , 2x app says it will run in a windowed mode and not as an application.

we are using 2x to remote access HEAT by frontrange. thier own iHEAT application has a few problems.

anyway.

thanks for any help

Deon

5. zippo

zippo Pro

Re: Being Clear

end of jan there will be a fix to support higher resolutions given that you have the latest MS component installed

6. Deon Lasini

Deon Lasini Guest

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your reply , especially overthe holiday season.

I'll try the new fix in january.

thanks again

happy holidays

deon

7. flydye

flydye Guest

1920 x 1200

It's the end of January. Is there an updated client available?

8. jroe

jroe Guest

1920x1200

I'm curious as well - I grabbed the just released beta which I assume was the intended release for this resolution fix however I can't seem to sort out how to make it work . . .

9. Deon Lasini

Deon Lasini Guest

1920 x 1200

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for letting me know i'm not the only one who is having this issue.

And I'm glad I started the thread.

No the new beta didnt help me, but i'm guessing it has to do with the msrdp.ocx control (which is still in the 5.2 range) as against the replacement for this ocx of MSTSCAX.DLL.

Problem I have at the moment is I cannot do major testing on this issue during the day as my TS server is being used for production.

oh well

If I come up with anything or the wonderful guys at 2X come up with anything and tell me i'll try and let you know

cheers

deon

10. jroe

jroe Guest

I'm confused - we have several people taking the time to post on this and over the course of a week we cannot seem to get a single response . . . .

11. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

download the latest beta version and make sure you have microsoft latest RDP client (version 6)

Nixu

12. nsumner

nsumner Guest

I know this is a really old thread but I believe this issue (may) still exist. Where can I DL beta's from?

13. zwoop

zwoop Guest

I have the same problem is this fixed now?

I Use the free download Version 4.3 build 199 of ApplicationServer Client.
    I run the server on a Win 2000 Server Machine.

And could someone please give me the link to download the latest RDP for Win2000?? Is RDP something that should be updated on bouth clinet and server side or only server/client side??

What is the highest res the client can support now? Can I use it on DELL 30"?

14. jseghers

jseghers Guest

Is this issue solved in a way because we still have problems with it ..

any suggestions how to fix it ?

thanks