Ghost printers

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Thobie, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Thobie

Thobie Bit poster

Hello,

I have Parallels installed on OS 13 with OS 10.14.6. Every time I want to work with it and print, the OS has added three ominous printers that don't even exist.

HP Color Laserjet 8500, HP Color Laserjet 8500 2 and HP Color Laserjet 8500 3.

If I delete them in the system settings, they are present again every time after starting the VM.

Greetings from Hamburg

Thobie

2. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello Thobie,

Thank you for your feedback.

In order to proceed with further investigation, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Take screenshots of the errors.
    3. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.

Thank you!

3. Thobie

Thobie Bit poster

Hello, Avinash,

1. Reproduce the issue.
    I have reproduced the issue three times the ghost printers always reappeared once again after deleting them and restarting the OS.
    2. Take screenshots of the errors.
    I have uploaded two screenshots of the issue.
    3. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply.
    The report ID is 422087105.

Regards

Thobie
    IMG_3065.PNG
    IMG_3066.PNG

4. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Please confirm if any printer is connected to your macOS, if yes, kindly provide us with the connected printer's model also how they are connected to the virtual machine?
    Secondly, are the three printers (HP Color Laserjet 8500, HP Color Laserjet 8500 2 and HP Color Laserjet 8500 3) added on the guest OS side or on the host OS side ?

Thank you.

5. Thobie

Thobie Bit poster

There are two printers connected to the Mac OS by airprint (ethernet cable to the router):
    • HP Laserjet Pro M402n
    • HP Officejet Pro 6230
    The three not existing printers won't be added to the Mac OS 13.4 but only to the Mac OS 10.14.6 in the VM.

Regards

Thobie

6. Thobie

Thobie Bit poster

Your last reply was a week ago. You do not seem to have a solution to this problem?