Goodbye Parallels after 7 years

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by RONALDS3, Mar 21, 2019.

1. RONALDS3

RONALDS3 Bit poster

Generally over the 7 years of (annual fee) subscription I've put up with the sometimes quirky nature of Parallels Desk Top on my Macs however following the upgrade to Mohave and (always prior) Parallels upgrade last year I had regular 'black screens of death'. Unfortunately despite support from Apple & Parallels which basically involved fresh re-installing both Parallels & Mohave the problem continued with Parallels support blaming Apple and Visa Versa. Finally a month ago the 'Black Screen' wiped my Mac of all data (that hadn't happened previously - just the inconvenience of a 'reboot').
    I re-installed Mohave and with Apple support help and the use of Time Machine (it wiped all older data afterwards) & iCloud back up (and considerable hours of frustration and inconvenience) I was back up and running.
    I HAVE NOT REINSTALLED PARALLELS AND HAVE NOT HAD A PROBLEM SINCE.
    With the help of an old Windows 10 laptop, iCloud syncing and the marvellous 'Team Viewer' I now have a very similar (but obviously not integrated) to Parallels set up without the considerable cost and inconvenience.
    I don't post this as an 'up yours' to Parallels only as an illustration of the situation I have faced.