Local sales office? I paid online. I had no problem with the cost (at first), would've been happy to pay for years to come; even double the amount. However, I have had more problems with Parallels in one single year compared to running VirtualBox for years (4+). No need to be condescending, I am fully aware of software having bugs. But not all bugs are equal. And not all bugs are handled equal. And if it takes weeks to even reach someone within Parallels to report a bug; something is seriously wrong. The ticket system on the site doesn't work (for me, back then), no idea if this has fixed.
I have no problem with changing my mind, but I highly doubt Parallels is going to change its course. Love to be wrong on this, though. I have been happy for most of the time running it. Only the times I wasn't ate too much of my time to justify the cost.
Finally, if not paying a subscription means you can't use software at all (especially since any update already breaks Parallels), that's too close to ransomware in my book, and makes me wonder what's next.