Google Nexus 7 - Icons and content is tiny over RDP session

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by spinbot, Aug 25, 2013.

1. spinbot

spinbot Bit poster

I've got latest version of the Google Nexus 7 tablet running 2X. When I remote in to my primary computer (running Windows 7), all the content is extremely small, making it virtually impossible to click on things with my man hand sized fingers and is even a challenge with the stylus. I also run 2X on my HP Touchpad and my Blackberry Playbook, both of which everything works fine. I've even gone as far as downloading a competitors RDP application and it works fine on the Nexus 7. I think I've played around with every setting I can think of for the RDP session I have stored, yet nothing seems to help. The screen resolution settings seem like the most obvious starting point, but they do not fix things either.

I'd like to continue using 2X with my latest tablet, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

2. jpc

jpc Pro

Re: Google Nexus 7 - Icons and content is tiny over RDP sess

The latest Nexus 7 has a much larger resolution than the other clients that you tried. What you need to do is to change the resolution and then zoom in while connected. Unfortunately, this zooming factor will not be kept in between sessions. A future update may fix this since such resolutions are becoming the new norm on high end android devices.

Alternatively, you can use the onscreen mouse to perform the mouse operations, provided that you are comfortable with the high resolution.

3. spinbot

spinbot Bit poster

Re: Google Nexus 7 - Icons and content is tiny over RDP sess

Any changes for the better?

I would like to use 2X again on my Google Nexus 7, without tiny text and icons?