Graphical issues with guest OS

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by danc13, Aug 25, 2020.

1. danc13

danc13 Bit poster

Hi all,

I am running Parallels on a late 2019 16" macbook pro, with Catalina - 10.15.2. I have a VM running the same version of Catalina as well.

I see lots of graphical corruption on various applications:

• Safari's tab menu flickers between black and grey (the system UI "light" colour).
    • Microsoft teams UI is.. well, it's useable for me although I doubt most people would tolerate or know how to work around the issues. It suffers constant flickering, misaligned window updates (where the window content is drawn off-target from the window), stale updates (where the content from the previously seen UI view is still visible intermittently), and sometimes doesn't make draw operations visible.
    For what it's worth, I'm a software engineer. I am 95% certain that this is an issue with the virtualised display driver in parallels: When I share my screen, either through teams or slack, people viewing my screen see the same graphical corruption as I do. To be clear, I am certain that this is not related to the lack of an API for virtualised graphical acceleration in Catalina (mentioned here: https://kb.parallels.com/124095).

This makes working in this VM very tedious. I'm sure this has been a deal-breaker for others. I would really like for this to be fixed..!

Thanks,