Gray screen of death

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RLDumfries, Jan 4, 2018.

1. RLDumfries

RLDumfries Member

This started in the last couple of days. When I try to open my 1Password app in win10 I get a gray screen and nothing else. I've tried restarting Win1o, reinstalling 1Password and reinstalling parallel tools. I've also tried not using coherence mode.
    I have not made any changes to my system. I am using the latest version of all software (1password, macOS, paralells 13).
    All to no avail. Any suggestions?

Here is a screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @RLDumfries, please use the following keyboard shortcut to toggle color filter: Fn+Ctrl+Cmd+C. Alternatively, go to Windows Start menu > Settings > Ease of Access > Color & high contrast > disable color filter to check if the issue persists.

3. VincentG1

VincentG1 Bit poster

It works thank's
    Vincent

4. Nice to know that it works now. Please post again for any additional queries.

5. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello VincentG1, we have received your response over e-mail, as quoted below. Please post your responses directly in this thread henceforth.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Parallels switch on the color filter button of Windows 10 randomly
    It is a random bug!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    It's not exactly a bug. Microsoft had introduced a new keyboard shortcut in the recent Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update builds, which enables color filter - Ctrl+Win+C. Parallels Desktop remaps Cmd to both Ctrl and Win buttons to make it possible using Windows keyboard shortcuts. In some situations, this makes Windows apply color filter while you're pressing Cmd+C. Parallels Desktop Engineering team is currently investigating this issue to come up with the resolution.

6. GregT2

GregT2 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem but with Windows 7 and using Parallels 13. I tried the Fn+Ctrl+Cmd+C. It didn't work.