Guest macos not able to resume from paused

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Guest OS Discussion' started by KoreyK, Nov 26, 2018.

1. KoreyK

KoreyK Bit Poster

Since moving to parallels 14 and mojave host, I am not able to resume my guest macos vm (high sierra or mojave). It will start to resume, show a black screen with a mouse cursor for a second, and then pause again. I have to force stop the vm and restart it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels Staff Member

Hello KoreyK, Kindly start the virtual machine and go to the top menu bar, click on Actions--> Take snapshot. once the snapshot is done then again click on Actions--> Reset and then check with the Windows virtual machine.

3. KoreyK

KoreyK Bit Poster

its not a windows virtual machine, but a high sierra vm. i will try that though.

4. KoreyK

KoreyK Bit Poster

It did not help. The guest vm still will not recover and gets stuck unpausing.

5. KoreyK

KoreyK Bit Poster

It seems to happen only when it automatically pauses when the host goes to sleep.

6. KoreyK

KoreyK Bit Poster

7. MatthewB16

MatthewB16

This is also occurring for me. Mojave guest Mojave host

8. cdubois

cdubois Bit Poster

The unable to resume a paused macOS VM issue is occurring for me with both my host OS and VM running macOS 10.14.2. It certainly seems like a Parallels bug continuing into Parallels 14.1.0. For now, I'll try disabling sleep in the VM, as others suggested.

9. cdubois

cdubois Bit Poster

Any updates on this? You did not read the issue correctly, as this is a macOS VM problem.

Also, I don't seem to be able to tag Parallels people in forum posts with short names, as the Name@Parallels formatting breaks @Name tagging completion.