Have Legacy 32-bit Software under Win 7, Can Parallels remain compatible under Mojave?

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by PeteP, Jan 8, 2019.

1. PeteP

PeteP Bit Poster

I have numerous files in Mathcad 15 (the old version that ran under Windows 95, meets my needs WAY better than current versions of Mathcad) and a large externally-written application in 32-bit Excel file (with Macros). These files are all "heavy science" applications that currently run well under Windows 7, Parallels 14 for Mac, Pro Edition, and macOS High Sierra. I understand that Mojave is the last mac OS that will support 32-bit apps. My question is whether Parallels will continue to support 32-bit Windows apps, and what's the likelihood that they be able to run under future mac OS?

If I have to choose between losing these 32-bit apps vs. future Mac OS upgrades, I will have to choose the 32-bit apps and take my chances regarding security and the generalized value of staying up to date. I'm a scientist, but in no way a computer-dude, so I don't know if it's reasonable to hope that Parallels can maintain a "bubble" that's 32-bit compatible in a 64-bit Mac OS world that's moved on from 32 bit.

Many thanks for your help and advice.
    Pete

2. PeteP

PeteP Bit Poster

No help here? Did I post my question in the wrong forum?