Have to Set program defaults every reboot..

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by buckZor, Nov 24, 2015.

1. buckZor

buckZor Bit poster

With Windows 10, and Parallels 10, I am having to go into Default Programs every reboot of the Virtual and scroll down to "Parallels Internet Applications Sharing" and Set this Program as default. After reboot it always has 6 out of 12 defaults, and back comes Edge with any hyperlink I click in Outlook 2016. Anyone find a fix for this? If the fix is buy Parallels 11, I will just move to VMWare. It feels to me like Parallels has really lost their way. After my last Windows virt corruption from that bad Parallels 10 release and the relentless buy the upgrade buy the upgrade, oh AND the nazi 30 day support idiocy. Well anyway, I'm on my last nerve.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello BuckZor, Please shut down the virtual machine and go to Virtual machine configuration: Options->Applications->Disable & Enable "Share Windows applications with Mac" and then lock the screen where you can see let bottom corner of the window "Click the lock to prevent further charges" and let us know how it works. Thanks.

3. buckZor

buckZor Bit poster

Followed your instructions precisely. On first startup (after following your instructions) Parallels Internet Applications Sharing was back to 6 out of 12 defaults in Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Default Programs > Set Default Programs. That was expected, so I clicked "Set this program as default" changing P.I.A.S. to 12 out of 12 default, which is what I want. I rebooted the Virtual Machine and it was back to 6 out of 12 after the reboot. Any other suggestions before I go to VMWare?